## Missed Class General Policies
- It is expected you attend and participate in class every class meeting and complete the in-class assignments. However, you should not come to class if you are sick, have respiratory symptoms or a fever.
- If you miss class, you are responsible for reviewing the learning material and completing the associated assignments by the posted due dates on your own. Points associated with participation activities may display as zero or blank for missed days.
- Fill out this [missed class form](./labmiss.php) before the scheduled class time to document your absence. These forms will be evaluated at the end of the semester for consideration of any missed points for up to two class days. For longer absences, contact DrB.
- You are welcome to:
- attend another section (space permitting).
- attend a help session for assistance with material and assignments. It is expected that you come prepared and read the learning material ahead of time.
- Isolating students should fill out [UT's COVID support form](https://www.utk.edu/coronavirus/guides/when-to-self-isolate) which will serve as a record of the excused absence
- For extended absences, submit an [absence notification to the Dean of Students](https://dos.utk.edu/absence-notifications/) and contact DrB to determine a mutually agreed-upon arrangement.
## Missed Class - Team Project Days
- Attendance is mandatory on class days designated as Team Project Days on the Learning Calendar
- If you will miss a team day, in addition to the missed class form, you are responsible for notifying your instructor and your teammates at least 24 hours in advance. In this communication, please:
- Compose a single email to all of your teammates (listed on your control panel) and Dr B (email@example.com)
- Let your instructor and teammates know what you plan to contribute to make up the time missed
- Propose a plan for an alternate team meeting time or how to update each other on work completed
- Should you have an emergency the morning of the team day, notify your instructor and your teammates as soon as possible.
- Failure to notify your instructor and teammates and makeup the work will result in a zero for the team assignment(s).
- Repeated unexcused absences will result in removal from your team and a zero for the team project.
## Missed Class - Quizzes/Exams
- When possible, switch to another timeslot using the posted link on the announcements page prior to the start of your scheduled slot, instead of requesting a makeup quiz.
- Makeup Quizzes/Exams will be given for Extenuating Circumstances:
- medical emergencies and extenuating circumstances due to COVID19
- Non-medical circumstances: emergency travel, family emergencies
- Planned University Sanctioned absences
- To schedule a makeup quiz/exam you must complete the **Quiz/Exam absence form**
at least 24 hours prior to the final quiz/exam timeslot.
- Should you have an emergency or COVID related issue the morning of the quiz/exam, complete the missed exam notification form as soon as possible.
- **Valid Documentation** may be required for missed quizzes/exams. Examples of Valid Documentation:
- Medical circumstances: Physicians note or documented notification from Dean of Students
- Non-medical circumstances: obituary notice, automobile accident reports, airline/bus ticket/receipt for emergency travel, family emergencies
- Isolating students should fill out [UT's COVID support form](https://www.utk.edu/coronavirus/guides/when-to-self-isolate)
- You **must have permission** to take a makeup quiz/exam. If approved, you will receive a reply with instructions on how to make up the quiz/exam.
The format and date of the makeup quiz/exam is at our discretion.
- If your excuse does not fall under the above categories, you will not be permitted to take a makeup quiz/exam, and you should plan on taking the quiz/exam during an available timeslot.
## Extensions on Assignments
- Extensions on Assignments may be given for the following Extenuating Circumstances:
- medical emergencies
- Non-medical circumstances: emergency travel, family emergencies, extenuating circumstances due to COVID19
- Planned University Sanctioned absences with at least 24 hours notice
- Notify and work with Dr Biegalski to develop a plan to complete the work
- You will not be able to make up missed work if your extension request is submitted after the assignment or project deadline
## Grading Questions
Contact your Instructor or Dr Biegalski. If you notice that a grade is incorrect on your gradsheet, notify us as soon as possible.