Invitation to Participate in Focus Group on Experiences in TCEThe TCE Office of Student Success is looking for students interested in participating in a focus group session to share their experience in the Tickle College of Engineering. The focus group session should last 30-60 minutes. Participants will recieve a $20 Amazon gift card.
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Anne Skutnik (firstname.lastname@example.org).
updated Fri Apr 29th 8:55 am
Summer Opportunity - National Student Leadership Conference (NSLC)The National Student Leadership Conference (NSLC) located at Duke University is currently recruiting college students majoring in engineering disciplines to work as Team Advisors for students who are interested in pursuing a career in engineering.
They are looking for college students who have a passion for sharing their experiences in engineering and leadership with younger students, and to help guide them through several hands-on projects.
Team Advisors will live on campus for the duration of their employment (usually either half or whole summers) and that this a stipend position. In addition, the NSLC will cover travel to and from the conference as well as lodging and food. This summer, we have six different sites across the nation hosting one of our engineering programs. However, as a whole, we are running 30 different programs at a total of 14 sites, all of which are currently hiring! would be a perfect fit with us.
Information on how to apply can be found at the bottom of the attached job description. If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, contact Cole Lapi at email@example.com.
updated Wed Apr 20th 8:19 am
- Under the general supervision of the UT Center for Materials Processing, Spark Scholars will have the unique opportunity to work during the summer semester with promising technology-based startups participating in the Spark Innovation Center (https://www.tnresearchpark.org/spark/) at the UT Research Park. This is a full-time position (40 hrs/wk) at a rate of $12/hr.
For more information, click the link in the announcement.
- Utilizing skills learned in the classroom and resources within the Kao Innovation and Collaboration Studio, Spark Scholars will assist Spark companies in several different ways, including:
- building prototypes,
- performing bench scale R&D experiments,
- setting up equipment & developing standard operating procedures
- conducting market research and customer outreach, or
- other duties as assigned.
- Spark Scholars will participate in team meetings for the companies which they support, and will
be invited to all Spark workshops and guest lectures during the semester.
- Spark Scholars will also be asked to evaluate their experience and to make constructive
suggestions on how the program experience can be improved in the future.
updated Fri Mar 25th 10:13 am
- The Stoneking engage™ Engineering Fundamentals Program is now accepting applications for Graduate Teaching Assistants for the 2022-2023 academic year. GTAs are actively involved in facilitating lab instruction for our first-year courses focused on engineering physics, numerical analysis, computer programming and professional skills. Applicants must have a strong desire to work with first-year students and must have an undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science. GTAs have a 20 hour per week commitment that includes classroom instruction, help hours, instructional meetings and individual preparation. This position carries a monthly stipend as well as a tuition waiver (fees are not included).
To apply, please visit the link in this announcement.
Applications for the Fall semester will be reviewed beginning February 21st and will continue until all positions are filled.
Questions about the EF program or GTA positions should be directed to Dr. Rachel Ellestad (firstname.lastname@example.org)
updated Thu May 5th 11:27 am
- Are you interested in getting started with undergraduate research? The Office of Undergraduate Research offers twice weekly seminars on the process for getting started with undergraduate research. Follow the link in the announcement for more information.
updated Fri Mar 25th 10:13 am